Statement of Faith
Our Statement of Faith
The Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
- 2 Peter 1:20-21 But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation, for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.
God created man, male and female, in His own image and instituted marriage between one man and one woman with roles given to each, in order to reflect His own glory.
- Genesis 1:27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
- Genesis 2:24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
There is one God, eternal, self-existing in three persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) who have from eternity shared infinite glory and enjoyed loving communion and who are equally worthy of love, honor and adoration.
- John 17:5 "And now, glorify Thou Me together with Thyself, Father, with the glory which I had with Thee before the world was.
All mankind participated in Adam’s fall from his original sinless state and is thus lost in sin and totally helpless.
- Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned.
The Sovereign God, in His all-consuming passion for the glory of His own Name, in order to magnify His grace and demonstrate His great love and mercy, has freely chosen, according to His good pleasure and the counsel of His own will, lost sinners from every nation to be redeemed by the quickening power of the Holy Spirit through the atoning death and resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ.
- 2 Timothy 1:9 who has saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity.
Those sinners whom the Spirit quickens (regenerates/causes to be born again) come to believe in Christ as Savior by the Word of God, become sons of God, and will persevere to the end.
- Ephesians 2:4-5 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved).
Justification is by faith and through it the undeserving sinner is clothed with the righteousness of Christ.
- Romans 5:1 Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
The goal of God’s salvation in the life of the Christian is holiness, good works, and service for the glory of God.
- Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
At death the Christian’s soul passes immediately into the presence of God and the unbeliever’s soul is eternally separated from God unto condemnation.
- John 5:24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life."
Jesus Christ will return to earth, visibly and bodily, at a time when He is not expected, to consummate history and the eternal plan of God. Christ, by His power, shall raise those who have died in Him and shall unite their perfected souls to glorified, spiritual bodies in the likeness of His own, that those whom He has redeemed might have fullness of joy in His presence forever.
- Acts 17:31 because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead.
The Gospel of God’s salvation in Jesus Christ must be proclaimed to all the world as a witness before Jesus Christ returns.
- Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."